The facility for electron cryo microscopy provides facilitated access to a Titan-Krios G3 with an X-FEG source, 300 kV and a Falcon III camera with direct electron detection. The set-up is optimized for high-resolution, high throughput single particle acquisition in linear or counting mode using EPU.
The facility started in 2018. Since then it has served more than 15 groups from 5 different universities.
Access is fee-based and regulated by access rules, which can be downloaded here.
If you are interested in access , please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Publications that made use of the facility
- C. Grimm, H. S. Hillen, K. Bedenk, J. Bartuli, S. Neyer, Q. Zhang, A. Huttenhofer, M. Erlacher, C. Dienemann, A. Schlosser, H. Urlaub, B. Bottcher, A. A. Szalay, P. Cramer and U. Fischer (2019) Structural Basis of Poxvirus Transcription: Vaccinia RNA Polymerase Complexes. Cell 179, 1537-1550 .
- N. Famelis, A. Rivera-Calzada, G. Degliesposti, M. Wingender, N. Mietrach, J. M. Skehel, R. Fernandez-Leiro, B. Bottcher, A. Schlosser, O. Llorca and S. Geibel (2019) Architecture of the mycobacterial type VII secretion system. Nature 576, 321-325
- T. Rasmussen, V. J. Flegler, A. Rasmussen and B. Bottcher (2019) Structure of the Mechanosensitive Channel MscS Embedded in the Membrane Bilayer. J Mol Biol 431, 3081-3090.
- B. Song, J. Lenhart, V. J. Flegler, C. Makbul, T. Rasmussen and B. Bottcher (2019) Capabilities of the Falcon III detector for single-particle structure determination. Ultramicroscopy 203, 145-154.
- A. Thesseling, T. Rasmussen, S. Burschel, D. Wohlwend, J. Kagi, R. Muller, B. Bottcher and T. Friedrich (2019) Homologous bd oxidases share the same architecture but differ in mechanism. Nat Commun 10, 5138.