Tel: 0931 31-8575
I’m a PhD student of life sciences at the University of Würzburg. As a fellow of the Graduate School of Life Sciences I started my PhD in July 2014.
My research interests are the development and application of algorithms, tools and workflows to generate knowledge from biological data. I want to use the vast amount of publicly available data and software to unravel some of life’s mysteries. I believe in open source, open data, open science and reproducible research. Currently my focus is on genomics and molecular biodiversity.
2018[ to top ]
- Wild bees and their nests host Paenibacillus bacteria with functional potential of avail. in Microbiome (2018). (6) 229.
- FENNEC - Functional Exploration of Natural Networks and Ecological Communities. in Methods in Ecology and Evolution (2018). 2028–2033.
- Draft Genome Sequence of Paraburkholderia sp. Strain C35, Isolated from a Malaysian Tropical Peat Swamp Forest. in Genome announcements (2018). 6(25) e00561--18.
- Draft Genome Sequence of Klebsiella sp. Strain C31 Isolated from a Malaysian Tropical Peat Swamp Forest. in Genome announcements (2018). 6(25) e00560--18.
- chloroExtractor: extraction and assembly of the chloroplast genome from whole genome shotgun data. in The Journal of Open Source Software (2018). 3(21) 464.
2016[ to top ]
- Venus flytrap carnivorous lifestyle builds on herbivore defense strategies. in Genome Res. (2016). 26(6) 812--825.
- TBro: visualization and management of de novo transcriptomes. in Database (2016). 2016
- DNA-Metabarcoding – ein neuer Blick auf organismische Diversität. in BioSpektrum (2016). 22 147-150.
- biojs-io-biom, a BioJS component for handling data in Biological Observation Matrix (BIOM) format. in F1000Research (2016). 5 2348.
- bcgTree: automatized phylogenetic tree building from bacterial core genomes. in Genome (2016). 59 783-791.
2015[ to top ]
- ITS2 Database V: Twice as Much. in Mol. Biol. Evol. (2015). 32(11) 3030--3032.
- ITS2 Database V: Twice as Much. in Molecular Biology and Evolution (2015). 32(11) 3030-3032.
- Increased efficiency in identifying mixed pollen samples by meta-barcoding with a dual-indexing approach. in BMC Ecology (2015). 15 20.
- Evaluating multiplexed next-generation sequencing as a method in palynology for mixed pollen samples. in Plant Biology (2015). 17 558-566.
2013[ to top ]
- Compensatory Base Changes in ITS2 Secondary Structures Correlate with the Biological Species Concept Despite Intragenomic Variability in ITS2 Sequences textendash A Proof of Concept. in PLoS ONE, (J. E. Stajich, red.) (2013). 8(6) e66726.