Admission to the "Master in Biochemistry"
Applicants need to have a documented background in biochemistry and/or molecular biology. During their Bachelor studies they must have acquired the following number of credits either in area A or in area B:
- 35 ECTS: Fundamental competences in bioanalytics, biochemistry, molecular biology & structural biology
- 10 ECTS: Documented knowledge of any combination of the following topics: cell biology, pathobiochemistry, toxicology, molecular tumor biology, virology, immunology, neurobiology, human genetics, microbiology, bioinformatics, biophysics
- 55 ECTS: Documented knowledge of inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry
- 20 ECTS: Fundamental competences in biochemistry and molecular biology
- 20 ECTS: Documented knowledge of any combination of the following topics: animal physiology, anatomy or histology, toxicology, pathology
- 25 ECTS: Documented knowledge of any combination of the following topics: genetics, cell biology, developmental biology, microbiology
(If necessary, your credits will be converted to the ECTS system)
In addition, applicants need to have completed their BSc studies with a grade average of 2.5 or better according to the German system (non-German grades will be appropriately converted).
Applicants who have not completed their BSc studies at the time of application can be provisionally admitted if, at the time of application, they have acquired the minimal number of credits listed above and they have acquired a total of 145 ECTS. Such candidates must hand in their BSc certificate (demonstrating a final grade of 2.5 or better) by 05. February 2021 in order to remain enrolled in this MSc program.
Candidates fulfilling the conditions above will be evaluated in an oral 30-minute interview. Successfull candidates will be informed within 4 weeks about their admission to the program.
Application deadline is 1. June 2022 for the study program beginning 17. October 2022.
Applications have to be submitted electronically. Access to the application platform. Application period starts on 1. April 2022 and ends 1. June 2022.
After creating an account, you will receive a confirmation e-mail once your account is set active. This confirmation may take up to 48 hours - thanks for your patience.