Telephone: +49 (0)931 31-88137
University of Würzburg
Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
Biocenter - Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg, Germany
- Ecological and evolutionary forces shaping the functional and phylogenetic diversity of bees
- Patterns and drivers of montane biodiversity along elevational gradients
- Effect of Climate Change on Pollinator Communities
- Chemical ecology
- DNA-Metabarcoding (gut microbiome)/ Transcriptomic Analysis
- Bumblebee ecology
- Applied ecology and nature conservation
ADAPT: Adaptation of alpine pollinators in Times of Global Change: https://www.bayklif.de/juniorgruppen/adapt/
Alpine ecosystems are especially threatened by climate change. ADAPT investigates pollinators' response to changing environmental conditions from molecular level to community level.
Within the project, I focus my research interest on wild bees (especially bumble bees) and address these questions:
- How did the composition of bee communities in the National Park Berchtesgaden change along elevational gradients over the last 10 years?
- How do bumblebee colonies perform in different climatic environments and how do they respond to changing environmental conditions?
- Can functional traits predict insect adaptability to climate change?
since 12/2018 Phd student at University of Würzburg, Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology, Project: ADAPT- Adaptation of alpine pollinators in Times of Global Change
02/2018 – 11/2018 Part-time research assistant at University of Würzburg, Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology in topic of Evolution and Ecology of Asian Honeybees (incl. research visit at the National Centre for Biological Science, Bangalore, India)
10/2015 – 09/2018 Master of Science in Biology at University of Würzburg, Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology. Master thesis: “Maintaining colony integrity in an aggregation: A comparative study of CHC-complexity and nestmate recognition in the Asian honeybees A. florea and A. dorsata”
- 03/2017 – 05/2017 Study visit at the National Centre for Biological Science, Bangalore, India
- 02/2016 – 03/2016 Study visit at the University of Jyväskylä, Finnland
04/2015 – 09/2015 Traineeship abroad at the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ), Project: Implementation of the National Biocorridor Program (PNCB), Costa Rica
10/2011 – 08/2013 Bachelor of Science in Biology at University of Münster, Institute for Evolution and Biodiversity. Bachelor thesis:„Trade-off between Infection Status and Fecundity in Drosophila melanogaster“
- 08/2013 – 02/2014 Study Visit at the Mid Sweden University, Sundsvall, Sweden