The ‚Pharmazeutische Biologie‘ is located at the Dallenbergcampus of the biocenter. Our research mainly centers on the functional analyses of plant responses to a changing abiotic and biotic environment. Which immediate and adaptive mechanisms are utilized by plants to cope with harsh environmental conditions and microbes? Genetic tools are used to clarify plant defense strategies and, eventually, improve plant stress resistance and productivity.
The two divisions of Pharmaceutical Biology are focused on lipid signaling and lipid metabolism (Prof. M.J. Müller) as well as transcriptional regulation mechanisms (Prof. W. Dröge-Laser) of plants under stress. In addition, we run the Metabolomics Core Unit (Dr. A. Fekete/Prof. Dr. M.J. Müller) as a central platform of the biocenter that enables the analysis of small molecules to address metabolism related research questions in interdisciplinary co-operation projects (biology, pharmacy and medicine).
Division Prof. Dr. Martin J. Müller
- Lipid metabolism (Prof. Dr. Martin J. Müller)
- Lipid signaling (PD Dr. Susanne Berger)
- Biotic interactions (PD Dr. Frank Waller)
- Metabolomics (Dr. Agnes Fekete)
- Genome-wide association studies (Dr. Daniel Maag)
Division Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Dröge-Laser
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Dröge-Laser
- Dr. Christoph Weiste
- Dr. Agnes Fekete (Managerin)
- Prof. Dr. Martin J. Müller (Leiter)
- Dr. Gabriele Gresser
- Dr. Markus Krischke