Professor for Supramolecular and Cellular Simulations
Center for Computational and Theoretical Biology (CCTB)
University of Würzburg
Campus Hubland Nord 32
97074 Würzburg, Germany
Tel: 0931 - 31 83961
Center for Computational and Theoretical Biology (CCTB), University of Würzburg, Würzburg, Germany
|2017 - 2018|
h.a.l.m. Elektronik GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany
|2011 - 2017|
Group of Ernst. H. K. Stelzer, Buchmann Institute of Molecular Life Science (BMLS), Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
|2009 - 2011|
Group of Alfonso Martinez Arias, Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, UK
Project: “Modelling the cooperative behaviour of sheets of cells during embryogenesis”
|2006 - 2009|
PhD in Mathematics
School of Mathematical Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
Thesis: “Modelling planar cell polarity”
Supervisors: Markus Owen and Nick Monk
|2000 - 2005|
Diploma in Mathematics
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Julius-Maximilians-University, Würzburg, Germany
Thesis: "Filtermethoden für gemischte Komplementaritätsprobleme"
Supervisor: Christian Kanzow
2018[ to top ]
- The molecular recognition of phosphatidic acid by an amphipathic helix in Opi1. in J Cell Biol (2018). 217(9) 3109-3126.
- Mouse ICM organoids reveal three-dimensional cell fate clustering. in Biophysical Journal (2018). 116 127-141.
- Electroluminescence imaging and automatic cell classification in mass production of silicon solar cells. in 2018 IEEE 7th World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion (WCPEC) (A Joint Conference of 45th IEEE PVSC, 28th PVSEC 34th EU PVSEC) (2018). 3298-3304.
- E-cadherin, actin, microtubules and FAK dominate different spheroid formation phases and important elements of tissue integrity. in Biology Open (2018). bio.037051.
2017[ to top ]
- Three-dimensional cell neighbourhood impacts differentiation in the inner mass cells of the mouse blastocyst. in bioRxiv (2017).
- Multiscale image analysis reveals structural heterogeneity of the cell microenvironment in homotypic spheroids. in Scientific Reports (2017). 7 43693.
2016[ to top ]
- Identifying the necrotic zone boundary in tumour spheroids with pair-correlation functions. in Journal of The Royal Society Interface (2016). 13 20160649.
2015[ to top ]
- Robust and automated three-dimensional segmentation of densely packed cell nuclei in different biological specimens with Lines-of-Sight decomposition. in BMC Bioinformatics (2015). 16 187.
- Lateral assembly of N-cadherin drives tissue integrity by stabilizing adherens junctions. in Journal of The Royal Society Interface (2015). 12 20141055.
2014[ to top ]
- Contractile and Mechanical Properties of Epithelia with Perturbed Actomyosin Dynamics. in PLOS ONE (2014). 9(4) 1-12.
2013[ to top ]
- Is a Persistent Global Bias Necessary for the Establishment of Planar Cell Polarity? in PLOS ONE (2013). 8(4) 1-12.
2011[ to top ]
- Integrative approaches to morphogenesis: lessons from dorsal closure. in Genesis (2011). 49(7) 522-533.
- Endocytic and recycling endosomes modulate cell shape changes and tissue behaviour during morphogenesis in Drosophila. in PLoS One (2011). 6(4)
2010[ to top ]
- Modelling and Analysis of Planar Cell Polarity. in Bulletin of Mathematical Biology (2010). 72(3) 645--680.