Development of vaccines
We have developed an innovative vaccination strategy against SARS-CoV-2 based on the well-tolerated, oral live Salmonella enterica Serovar Typhi vaccine Ty21a that harbours one of our novel antigen delivery plasmids of the JMU-SalVac-100 series.
The JMU-Salmonella Vaccine (JMU-SalVac) platform technology offers high flexibility and plenty of possible combinations for fine tuning of the desired immune response against various antigens of interest, like for example antigens of SARS-CoV-2.
The primary objective of our project is to translate one or more promising recombinant SARS-CoV-2 vaccine candidates into the clinics.
- Construction of various SARS-CoV-2 vaccine candidates and their characterization
- Selection-process of lead candidate(s)
- Preclinical evaluation of safety and efficacy
- Establishing a GMP process suitable for production of bacterial vaccines
- GMP production of one or more SARS-CoV-2 vaccine strains based on recombinant Salmonella Typhi Ty21a
- Clinical evaluation of safety and efficacy