The capability to evolve is a hallmark of all biological systems. Reconstructing evolutionary history and unraveling underlying mechanisms is the main interest of my group. Currently, we are focusing on three different levels, namely proteins, transcriptomes and genomes. The common denominator of our projects is the use of computational and statistical methods to analyze large-scale data with the aim to understand how biological systems change over time.
2018[ nach oben ]
- reper: Genome-wide identification, classification and quantification of repetitive elements without an assembled genome. in The Journal of Open Source Software (2018). 3(22) 527.
- chloroExtractor: extraction and assembly of the chloroplast genome from whole genome shotgun data. in The Journal of Open Source Software (2018). 3(21) 464.
2017[ nach oben ]
- biojs-io-biom, a BioJS component for handling data in Biological Observation Matrix (BIOM) format. in F1000Research (2017). 5 2348.
2016[ nach oben ]
- WHAMY is a novel actin polymerase promoting myoblast fusion, macrophage cell motility and sensory organ development in Drosophila. in J. Cell. Sci. (2016). 129(3) 604--620.
- Venus flytrap carnivorous lifestyle builds on herbivore defense strategies. in Genome Res. (2016). 26(6) 812--825.
- TBro: visualization and management of de novo transcriptomes. in Database (2016). 2016
- Genome of a tardigrade: Horizontal gene transfer or bacterial contamination? in Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. (2016).
- Gating of the two-pore cation channel AtTPC1 in the plant vacuole is based on a single voltage-sensing domain. in Plant Biol (Stuttg) (2016). 18(5) 750--760.
- ALVIS: interactive non-aggregative visualization and explorative analysis of multiple sequence alignments. in Nucleic Acids Res. (2016). 44(8) e77.
2015[ nach oben ]
- ITS2 Database V: Twice as Much. in Mol. Biol. Evol. (2015). 32(11) 3030--3032.